Wednesday, March 4, 2015
6 Useful Pinterest Overhaul Tips
I recently did an overhaul of my Pinterest boards and wanted to share with you a few tips that may help you organize your Pinterest.
1. Create a visual list of your boards like I did in the photos below. That way you can via pen and paper figure out where you want to switch boards, add boards, or rename boards. It made my overhaul so much easier to do.
2. Make a list of the boards that need some work on like in the photo above.
3. Since your boards are seen in rows of five, have a theme going so they can flow together.
4. Don't avoid your Pinterest for too long like I did. Add the Pinterest button onto your internet search engine, that way it will be easier to pin things to your boards.
5. Building your pins on your boards is like working on a house. There is always something to work on so just do it little by little. Maybe post some pins for 20 minutes everyday to start with.
6. Share your board links on your blog posts if you have a blog. That way your readers could be introduced to your Pinterest and also may find some new inspiration from some of your boards.
I have finished reorganizing and renaming a few boards already. I also added a few new ones dedicated to WWI, the 1960's, and a few television shows. My next step in this overhaul process is to continue filling up my boards. I like having them teeming with inspirational photos.
What are some of your useful overhaul tips for Pinterest? Do you find inspiration on Pinterest? What are your favorite types of boards?
PS As I continue to work on placing my photos back into most of my posts I had a Pinterest button placed on each of my photos on the left hand corner. Feel free to share and pin whatever you like!